Green peas are the favorite food addition for many people. They would like to add in all type of dishes. Growing peas at home are much easier, and it tastes better than the groceries peas. Peas are an attractive and delicious addition to any garden. Peas have many health benefits with a number of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory agents. They are high in micro-nutrients, protein, and minerals. Peas are easy to grow, and even beginners can grow them at their home. Many would have doubt of how long does it take peas to grow, it takes more than 60 days after planting. Read below to know how to grow peas at home.
- Peas are an easy seed to sow and save. It is advised to choose safe seeds. If you buy hybrid seeds, you will not get the opportunity to save seeds for the next season. There are different types of seeds available. So, before you start growing knowledge about the types of peas.
- Peas love cool, and you choose the cold climate to plant peas. Check the best time based on your local climate to sow seeds. After sowing seeds, it is curious for all gardeners and checks how long does it take peas to grow.
- Peas will grow, develop flowers in about 10-14 weeks depending on the types. It can take up to 3 weeks to mature. Growing peas are very easy as it requires only low maintenance. You need to only water regularly.
- If you like to try different types of peas, then separate them in different containers or garden beds if you want to save seed. In this way, their vines don’t mingle, and you can correctly identify them.
- Once the pods have begun to fill with peas, observe the plants. If the peas reached maturity, they will quickly decline in quality.